Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Good news!

I have a job again!

Granted, it's only a temporary job, but 3 weeks of working for $11 an hour will give me enough money to pay the rent this month, buy the medications I need, but a bus pass for next month, and still have a little money to pay toward my debt. That is, of course, assuming full-time hours of 40+ hours a week, but since I've been told the project has a 3 week deadline and they're seeking temp staff because they're a bit behind, I imagine that I'll get decent hours.

I am so happy about this! Yesterday I received a call and found out that I didn't get a job I was hoping for, so finding this out today really softened that blow. The rent will be paid this month, and we won't have to tighten our belts further in order to do it!

Definitely a good thing to get out of bed for this morning.

And I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that by the time this contract ends, there'll be some other work soon after, so that I can pay March's rent too. But that's in the future. For now, I'm just going to be happy about starting work again on Monday, doing something I'll like to do, doing it close to home, and making good money once more.

1 comment:

  1. Ria, so glad you got a job! It seems we're all having to tighten our belts these days. Thanks for stopping by my blog today. You should give the butter making a go. I will probably never buy it again. So easy to make your own! : ) Melissa

    ReplyDelete